Will be sharing some tips here for easy, painless and effective removal of facial hair all by yourself.
Let's get started.
What is DIY Dermaplaning?
Do-it-yourself Dermaplaning is all about removing facial hair and dead skin cells by shaving it using a facial razor.
Why should you dermaplane?
Dermaplaning removes hair and dead skin cells on your face keeping the skin soft and smooth, penetration of skincare products is deeper, makeup gets blended well on the skin's surface and creates a healthier and bright appearance.
Steps for 'Do-it-yourself Dermaplaning'
Step 1: Cleansing
Remove makeup, cleanse your face and pat it using a clean, dry face towel.
Step 2: Exfoliation
Exfoliate to remove dirt and dead skin cells from the skin's surface to achieve a clean shave.
Step 3: Apply shaving gel/cream
Apply a small amount of shaving gel on your face to keep the skin moisturized and the razor blade to glide easily on your skin to remove hair, peach fuzz and dead skin cells without causing any irritation and not being harsh by re-shaving over the same area.
Step 4: Shaving
Hold your razor by slightly tilting it and start shaving downwards in the direction of hair growth.
Note: Do not shave your facial hair in an upward direction as it causes ingrown hair and infects the area.
Step 5: Moisturize
Moisturizing the skin post-shaving prevents irritation and keeps your skin soft and smooth.
Do's and Don'ts of face shaving:
• Clean your face and always apply shaving gel/cream prior shaving.
• Slightly tilt your razor and hold it firmly with your dominant hand. Hold your skin tight on the other hand for the razor to glide easily.
• Start shaving with small strokes in the direction of hair growth.
• Moisturize post-shaving.
• Do not shave in an upward direction as it could result in cuts and ingrown hair.
• Gliding the blade sideways (You can cut yourself).
• Re-shaving more than twice over the same area.
• Shaving on top of active acne or inflamed skin.
Check if the blades are clean and sharp before every use. Never shave using blunt razors.
Sterilize your razors after each use to avoid bacterial infections and for the blades to last longer.
Store the razors in a clean, dry place.
I hope these tips will help you.
Love your skin and take good care of it the right way.
Thanks for reading!